We recommend regular Legionella testing services for water systems such as cooling towers, decorative fountains, spas, hot tubs, domestic water systems, hot water tanks, humidifiers, and more…
Various types of tests are provided to meet various requirements.
We Offer services to help meet ASHRAE, OSHA, and CDC standards.
Legionnaires disease comes from bacteria called Legionella. They are found naturally in water, specifically warm water. Humans can be infected when they inhale vapor containing the bacteria.
- Between 8,000 to 18,000 people in the US are hospitalized each year
- Causes pneumonia-like symptoms, including a high fever, chills, a cough, muscle aches and pains, and more.
- In 5% to 30% of cases, the disease can be serious enough to cause death, however, most cases are treated successfully with antibiotics.
- People 50 years and older, former smokers, and those with weak immune systems are most susceptible.
Generally, when proper disinfection and prevention protocols are taken, Legionella bacteria are less likely to survive in exposed water systems. However, Legionella are not 100% preventable. Because there is always a chance for growth, it is too risky to prevent potential fatal Legionella outbreaks.
Teaming with GWT to create a custom testing schedule will:
- Help Avoid Potential Outbreaks
- Protect Employees, Tenants, & Visitors
- Reduce Liability
- Accredited CDC Elite Certified Laboratories
- 3rd Party Validated Results
- ISO 11731 Legionella Method
- PVT Legionella Test
- PVT Premium Legionella Test
- PVT & ISO Legionella Test
- PVT THAB – Total Bacteria Test
Interested in Legionella Testing?
Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you within 48 hours.
Why Choose GWT?
- Minority Owned
- Environmentally Responsible
- Cost Conscious
- Technical Expertise
- Progressive Approach