Treatment is essential for the safe operation and durability of the equipment used for process or comfort heating purposes.
Steam boiler water treatments aim to address the following:
- Corrosion/Scale control
- Condensate corrosivity
- Boil Outs/Pre-Cleaning
Steam Boiler Water Treatments
- Corrosion in steam boilers typically stems from oxygen attacks or low pH.
- A balanced approach of chemical treatment and mechanical pre-treatment will reduce corrosion damage and scale build up in steam systems.
- GWT offers custom formulations to meet any facility’s needs or preference of approach. We offer all-in-one formulations, multi-treatment approaches, or variations of the two.
- We use oxygen scavengers, pH adjusters, and scale inhibitors to reduce corrosion from oxygen and condition scale for removal during blow-down.
- GWT blends can include mixtures of: Oxygen scavengers, amines, polymers, phosphates, sodium hydroxide, nitrite, anti-foams, marasperse, and more.
- Condensate, or pure water, lacks dissolved solids and is easily made acidic by carbonic acid formed during condensing.
- We offer treatment in the form of neutralizing amines capable of keeping the pH in acceptable range.
- Pre-treating the feed water is essential to best controlling for corrosion and scale. Heating, adding oxygen scavengers, reducing alkalinity, and softening the make-up/feed water will drastically reduce corrosion and scale build up.
- We also offer make-up water pre-treatment equipment including filtration, softening, dealkalzing and reverse osmosis.
- We offer varieties of softener salts and filtration cartridges.
- Significant corrosion occurs due to improper lay-up. We offer highly effective chemical formulations to reduce corrosion during down season wet lay-ups.
- Wet Lay-up requires diligence and frequent testing to insure chemical levels maintain at protective levels.
- Newly installed or retubed boilers may need to be “boiled out” in order to remove contaminants such as oil, grease, or other coatings used during manufacturing.
- These contaminants must be removed in order to achieve the maximum heat transfer efficiency rate. Tube rupture due to overheating may also be of concern.
- GWT offers the chemical treatments necessary to remove these contaminants. We have different chemical formulations to meet any boil out procedure required by maintenance engineers or manufacturer guidelines.
- Steam boilers should be chemically cleaned and de-scaled periodically to help prevent mineral build up that interferes with efficient heating and water flow.
- Mineral build up is common in normal operations of steam boilers over time and can also arise from improper blow down or chemical treatment.
- GWT offers mild acids blended with corrosion inhibitors to best protect internal metals.
- Prevention through proper operating and chemical treatment is always the best method of maintaining a clean system.
Interested in Steam Boiler Water Treatment?
Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you within 48 hours.
Why Choose GWT?
- Minority Owned
- Environmentally Responsible
- Cost Conscious
- Technical Expertise
- Progressive Approach