GWT Places on Inc. Magazine’s 2022 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies
For the 5th Time, Global Water Technology, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 3121 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 172 Percent
SOUTH HOLLAND, ILLINOIS, August 16, 2022 – Global Water Technology, Inc. (GWT), the water treatment industry’s fastest growing, independently owned and operated firm, today announced its fifth appearance on Inc. magazines annual Inc. 5000 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. GWT placed number 3121 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 list after reporting 172 percent revenue growth over the last three years. Following the acquisition of several regional firms and expanding the ranks of its leadership, support, and field teams in 2021 and 2022, GWT greatly expanded its reach across the United States of America and further solidified its technical offerings to clients seeking to best manage water and energy across their facilities.
The list represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment—its independent small businesses. Intuit, Zappos, Under Armour, Microsoft, Patagonia, and many other well-known names gained their first national exposure as honorees on the Inc. 5000.
“Considering the various challenges presented to us the past two years, we are honored and grateful to once again be recognized by Inc. Magazine with one of the most prestigious awards privately held business can achieve,” said Michael Byerley, President & CEO at Global Water Technology, Inc. “Ultimately, our continued success is only possible through the continued investment our people make in client service. As such, our focus continues to be on making GWT a pinnacle employer in this space that continually attracts the brightest and most talented minds in our industry with the ability to offer our clients trailblazing solutions for their water and energy needs across the country.”
GWT boasts many highlights since its 2021 award:
- Two 2021 acquisitions, expanding GWT’s breadth of offerings further into water purification and pre-treatment solutions (Bates Water Solutions – BWS) and growing GWT’s regional footprint in the state of Michigan (Great Lakes Treatment Corporation – GLTC).
- Two 2022 acquisitions, further maximizing GWT’s footprint in the state of Michigan (Rolland Gary, Inc.) and comprehensively covering the Southwestern region of the United States.
- Expansion of senior, field, and operations management teams, with the addition of Christopher Olson, CWT, Vice President, Midwest Region; Darrel Wynkoop, Director of Sales; Dan Fetrow, Operations Manager; and Angela Brozowski, Senior Manager, Operations.
- Additions to operations and support staff based in South Holland, IL, with the addition of many talented individuals to its customer service, accounts receivable/payable, and warehouse/production teams.
- Growing regional field service teams across the country with notable additions of Technicians, Account Managers, and Territory Managers across the its United States platform.
- Investment in its South Holland, IL blending facility, reducing manufacturing turn around time and increased capacity, greatly assisting in managing the supply chain crisis plaguing the United States for much of 2021 and 2022.
- Bringing online a comprehensive ERP and CRM solution allowing for advanced planning, forecasting, customer engagement, field team coordination, and capturing available efficiencies from production and service performance to invoicing and collections.
- Further establishing its verified partnerships to ensure comprehensive client services across the continental United States.
The companies on the 2022 Inc. 5000 have not only been successful, but have also demonstrated resilience amid supply chain woes, labor shortages, and the ongoing impact of Covid-19.
“The accomplishment of building one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., in light of recent economic roadblocks, cannot be overstated,” says Scott Omelianuk, editor-in-chief of Inc. “Inc. is thrilled to honor the companies that have established themselves through innovation, hard work, and rising to the challenges of today.”
Complete results of the Inc. 5000, including company profiles and an interactive database that can be sorted by industry, region, and other criteria, can be found at www.inc.com/inc5000.
More about GWT
Global Water Technology, Inc. is one of the nation’s fastest-growing providers of commercial and industrial water treatment solutions. Founded in 1990 to meet a growing demand for personalized, affordable, and reliable water treatment services, GWT now serves a wide range of customer segments including hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, commercial office buildings, data centers, food and beverage, as well as new construction clients. GWT’s reputation for superior service and cost-effective solutions for minimizing water consumption and extending the useful life of water systems equipment has propelled GWT from its Chicagoland roots to being a national provider with a presence to-date in more than 30 states.
For more detailed information about GWT, please visit our About Us page.
Patrick Morgan, Vice President, Sales & Marketing
More about Inc. and the Inc. 5000
Companies on the 2022 Inc. 5000 are ranked according to percentage revenue growth from 2018 to 2021. To qualify, companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2018. They must be U.S.-based, privately held, for-profit, and independent—not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies—as of December 31, 2021. (Since then, some on the list may have gone public or been acquired.) The minimum revenue required for 2018 is $100,000; the minimum for 2021 is $2 million. As always, Inc. reserves the right to decline applicants for subjective reasons. Growth rates used to determine company rankings were calculated to four decimal places. The top 500 companies on the Inc. 5000 are featured in Inc. magazine’s September issue.
The entire Inc. 5000 can be found at here.
About Inc. Media
The world’s most trusted business-media brand, Inc. offers entrepreneurs the knowledge, tools, connections, and community to build great companies. Its award-winning multiplatform content reaches more than 50 million people each month across a variety of channels including websites, newsletters, social media, podcasts, and print. Its prestigious Inc. 5000 list, produced every year since 1982, analyzes company data to recognize the fastest-growing privately held businesses in the United States. The global recognition that comes with inclusion in the 5000 gives the founders of the best businesses an opportunity to engage with an exclusive community of their peers, and the credibility that helps them drive sales and recruit talent. The associated Inc. 5000 Conference & Gala is part of a highly acclaimed portfolio of bespoke events produced by Inc.
For more information, visit Inc. Media online.